Homemade Peanut Butter Banana Dog Treats
If you love your pup has much as we love our little Ry, then that also means you love to spoil them! And if your dog is anything like Ryder - a bag of treats disappears way faster than it should! (whoops) SO, it got me thinking - why not make homemade treats for Ryder?
I did some research on ingredients, so don’t worry - these treats are dog friendly & super simple, only using 4 ingredients! I got my dog bone cookie cutters from Amazon for only $6.99, and it comes with 3 different sizes!
I love that I know everything that is in these treats - that can be hard to find these days from store bought treats. Try these out & I guarantee your pup will be counter-surfing for more, just like Ryder!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 banana (mashed, if you don’t have a mixer)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium or large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix on a medium speed until a thick dough forms. If you don’t have a mixer - that’s totally ok! Just do your best to mix all of the ingredients throughly by hand.
3. The dough will be really thick. Roll into one, big ball.
4. Roll out the dough on a flat surface - so that it’s about 1/4 inch thick evenly across.
5. Use the cookie cutter to cut the dough and place treats on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Let cool completely before letting your dog enjoy them- and store in an airtight container.