Red, White & Sangria Recipe
If you can't tell, I LOVE the 4th of July! The main reason is because it gives me another excuse to go all out in decor, recipes & outfits. It's the season of pool parties, barbecues, bonfires & delicious summer-time cocktails & food. SO, I'm going to share one of my favorite summertime, 4th of July themed cocktails - my Red, White & Sangria recipe.
It's festive, light, and refreshing - but will still get ya feeling a lil' tipsy! It's so easy to make, and will cause a lot of "ooohs" and "ahhhs" wherever you bring it!
Here's the recipe & where to get everything!
Red, White & Sangria
- 1/2 cup Vodka (I use Tito's)
- 1 bottle of Moscato
- 1 bottle (33 oz) of diet tonic water (or diet Sprite, diet 7-up, Fresca, etc.)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 watermelon
- Package of bamboo skewers
Watermelon/Blueberry Fruit Sparkler Instructions:
- Slice watermelon. Use a star-shaped cookie cutter to got watermelon stars. (I got mine on Amazon for $8) You should get about 10-20 stars.
- Start forming each sparkler by adding 3 blueberries to the bottom, followed by a watermelon star, followed by blueberries, star, etc. (You can make these as long or short as you want to, depending on your serving glass!)
- Put all fruit (including any left over watermelon stars) into the bottom of an empty pitcher.
- Add all liquid
- Stir, and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
I hope you all have a fun, festive and safe 4th of July! xo