Reindeer Chow Recipe
During the Holidays, I like to make a little treat (in bulk) to have handy that I can easily grab & bring with me to holiday parties, traveling, the office, etc. - as a gift, thank you, or just to spread some holiday cheer!
This Reindeer Chow is a holiday spin on “puppy chow” - which is always a crowd favorite, right?! It’s dangerously delicious and I’ve never met someone who hasn’t loved it! What I LOVE about this Reindeer Chow is that it stays delicious for a long time - so you can make a big batch in early December, and have extra bags on hand to pass out all month long!
Now I can’t take full credit for this delicious recipe - one of my best girlfriend’s mom always sent us bags and bags of this stuff to us during college at Christmas time, I seriously looked forward to it all year long! It’s that good, y’all.
It’s so easy to make, too! So head to your local Kroger, Publix, Target, Walmart, or even Walgreens - grab everything you need, make a batch & spread the delicious holiday cheer!
- 3 Cups of Rice Chex Cereal
- 3 Cups of Cheerios (I use plain, but you can use Honey Nut for extra flavor!)
- 3 Cups of mini pretzel sticks
- 2 Bags of 12 oz. white chocolate chips
- 2 bags of green & red M&Ms (I use 1 bag of peanut, 1 bag of regular)
WHAT TO DO:
- Combine the Rice Chex, Cheerios, Pretzel Sticks & M&M’s in a bowl. The BIGGEST bowl you have, girl!
- Pour both bags of the white chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 1 minute intervals, and take out to stir in-between each minute. Heat until chocolate becomes smooth and easy to pour.
- Pour chocolate into the big bowl of mix. Gently stir until all of the mix is equally covered in chocolate.
- Dump the mix onto wax paper or parchment paper, and let cool. Once fully cooled & set, distribute into small bags or tupperware containers. Store in the fridge or at a room temperature.
MAKE IT PRETTY
(click the photo to shop the bags!)